A CALL FOR PSI BETA MEMBER RESEARCH PAPERS
Submission checklist – Paper is original research that satisfies these conditions:
- The study involved gathering and analysis of data that tests one or more hypotheses.
- The research was approved by an Institutional Review Board (IRB) – we require formal IRB approval evidence. Just a note from an advisor or instructor is not formal approval evidence.
- The study was conducted by a Psi Beta member while attending a community college that has an active Psi Beta chapter.
- The study was conducted under the guidance of a psychology faculty mentor.
- The paper is written in APA (7th Edition) format. Please consult the paper criteria guide and the APA publication guide when preparing your manuscript – Link to the criteria guide
- The study’s statistical analysis reflects but does not exceed procedures taught in a typical lower-division statistics course (e.g., central tendency, variation, effect size, confidence intervals, t-tests, ANOVA, correlation, linear regression, chi-square).
- Problems in the manuscript are not excessive and can be remedied by having the author work with an Associate Editor.
The submission period for the next issue is April 1 to June 15. Click here to submit your paper during the submission period.
What happens after you submit? We will notify our decision to accept or not accept by June 30. Like any research journal, a submission is not automatically accepted for publication in the Psi Beta Research Journal. Our reviewers will blind review submissions and make an accept or reject decision that is based upon the study’s conformity with the criteria listed above. Some preference will be given for creativity. Papers using Psi Beta’s National Research study data may be accepted if they meet the above criteria. Authors of accepted papers will be assigned to work with one of our Associate Editors to bring their papers up to our publication standards. Working with an Associate Editor is a requirement, not an option for getting your study published in Psi Beta’s journal.
Model paper with Annotations (under development)